Matthew eating chex mix and enjoying a dip in the pool on a very hot Texas day!
Matthew pointing to the ducks in the middle of the Northpark Mall.
Matthew's personality is showing more and more. He seems like he is a little shy sometimes and he plays so meticulously. He is not one to bulldoze around the house and knock things over. One of his favorite toys is the Quaker Oats empty container. He likes to put toys in there and then take them out. He walks room to room to find things to carry into another room. He found the remote control to the light/fan in our spare bedroom and he loves pushing the button to see the light turn on and off.
On Monday, Matthew had a fever and he was acting a little different. He got up at 6am instead of 6:30am and he cried while I was taking a shower - usually he plays and most of the time Andy is there but Andy left for a business trip. I gave him some tylenol thinking it was his teeth but told the daycare to call me if he was not acting right. I gave them instruction to give him tylenol if he was not feeling well so they did at noon.
On Tuesday, he seemed like he was in a better mood so I didn't mess with the tylenol but then at 3pm I received a call from the daycare that he had a fever. I quickly got him into the doctor and they said that his ears looked fine and there were no antibiotics that they could give because it seemed like a virus he was fighting. I ran by Nordstrom to take my watch in since it stopped and Matthew and I treated ourselves to a nice meal at the cafe. It's a challenge to find foods that he will eat but he loved the asparagus and shrimp rosotto.
I expected to stay home with him on Wednesday so we took a leisurely breakfast stop at Einstein's. Once we were there, Matthew was dancing to the music and waving to everyone that walked in the door - clearly feeling much better. So I took him to the daycare and he was full of energy.
We had terrible thunderstorms and tornados in the area on Thursday night but Matthew slept right through it - except he woke up one time. We both slept until 7:30am that morning just listening to the rain. Over 200 flights were cancelled out of DFW that day but Andy made it back (barely) by purchasing a ticket on another airline. He made it home by 12-midnight and he was so happy to be home.
On Friday we usually go out to eat Tex-Mex. We went to Fernandos and Matthew loves the rice there. Andy was exhausted and actually fell ill on the weekend so we didn't do too much. Matthew and I went to the mall and he fell asleep at just the right time so I could try some clothes at the LOFT. Lots of girls comment how cute he is and Matthew just hams it up. He smiles, plays peekabo with his hands, blow kisses, and dribbles his lip with his fingers. He does pretty good in the stroller. At one point, we stopped and I let him walk around and see the turtles and ducks. He likes getting out of the house to get a break in the day. One of these weekends we plan to take him to the zoo.

Matthew's 14-month old school picture - Doesn't he look like a little boy here? Where did the baby go?

1 comment:
Super cute! Isn't it crazy how fast time flies?
Post a Comment