Monday, August 3, 2009

First stay at the Snider's

It was a relatively low-key week with no swim lessons to race to after daycare. But then on the weekend, I dropped him off with Nana and Papa Snider for the weekend. Andy went to Telluride for a work outing so I decided to drop Matthew off with the grandparents and then head to Chicago to visit some friends. I flew to Austin and then rolled Matthew across the security line so I didn't have to go out and come back in to catch my flight to ORD. Wish we got that one on video! Nana and Papa were excited to see him and Matthew didn't even cry when I told him goodbye.

He played with Nana, Papa, and Uncle Mike all weekend. It was hot so they spent most of the time indoors. Matthew explored around the house and walked in circles between the dining room, living room, and kitchen. They cooked lots of food for Matthew but he let them know when he didn't want something. He went to Target and ate some popcorn with Papa and had a grand ole' time. At bedtime, he was a little fussy so they put him to sleep in their bed and then moved him to the crib. He did really well. He would point at a ski picture and say "mama" and "dada" every now and then. And he had fun with Roxy, too. (Mike's long-haired dachshund)

On Sunday, I picked him up in Houston. He gave me a big hug and then he wanted to push his stroller around and explore. Some kids were playing with a ball nearby and he got excited and said "Bah"! He loves to play with balls. He was ready for a nap so he slept on the plane and he was the perfect traveler. We made it home around 4:30pm and he walked around the house and called for "dada". We got in the pool for a while and then when Andy and Rusty came home, Matthew got really excited. Andy gave him a big hug and then he wanted to play ball with Rusty.

One funny story that happened this week was when Andy was going through the bedtime routine. Andy said "JoAnna, don't forget Rusty is over at Tom & Nina's" in a loud voice since I was in our bedroom. Matthew then started calling for me "Nanna?", "nanna" for 4 or 5 times until I came into his room. I thought it was strange that he was calling me by this name b/c he always calls me "mama". I guess it was because Andy was calling me JoAnna and he was trying to say that. Too funny!

I will post pictures from the weekend in a day or two.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That is funny he was trying to say JoAnna! LOL. My friend's kid calls her by her first name, Carrie. It is weird because he's over 2 now. Glad you had a fun trip to Chicago!