Matthew is still adjusting to his new bed and room. Almost every night he wakes up at midnight just like clock-work. Most of the time he just stays in his room and cries. We are not sure why he wakes up at these odd hours but we are hoping to nip it in the bud soon. Andy and I wake up tired but I think we are getting used to it.
We went out to dinner Saturday so Ana Paula came over to babysit. Matthew cried when she showed up but shortly after we left, he was in the best mood and laughing at everything she said. AP said Matthew was the most fun this time.
We made sure Matthew took naps around his scheduled nap time to keep him on schedule. He woke up at 3am on Saturday night and his nose was stopped up so I sat with him until he was able to get back to sleep (about 30 minutes). The next morning, Andy let me sleep in when Matthew woke up at 6am ready to eat and play. Andy just kept the coffee going to be able to keep up with Matthew. And last night (Sunday night), Matthew woke up around 3am crying for a while. He seems to be healthy and maybe this is just a pattern he is getting into.
Aside from all the sleepless nights, Matthew is a lot of fun to be around these days. He likes to shout the words to the nursery ryme "Pease porridge hot". And he likes to sing "skidamarinky-dink" by adding "I love mama" when I sing "I love Matthew". It will melt your heart. He will kiss your "bobos" if you have any. And he loves to giggle and say "I'm going to get you" while playing on the couch. Andy loves to put him on his shoulders and rough-house with him. The second Matthew gets into the pool, he gets a burst of energy. He LOVES the pool. He goes under water and swims for nearly 6 seconds at a time.
At night, we tell him that Mama and Daddy are so proud of him. He repeats it "daddy so proud of you", "swim to the steps", "big brother". I tell him that baby is in Mama's belly and Matthew says "No, baby in Matthew's belly". We drove to the bank on Saturday and when we took a turn we don't normally do, Matthew cries "no, this way". I'm not sure if he really knows directions but he seems to know where he is going. He does this in the stroller all the time when we don't turn down the street to go to the park.
Matthew is talking in more complete sentences. His teacher calls him "Mattakins" so sometimes Matthew will call himself Mattakins. It's cute.

1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I don't know how you function being woken up at all hours. I hope he adjusts to his new room very soon. :)
Post a Comment