Andy calls her "Audrey Bear"
Audrey at 2 weeks old
The babysitters, Lori and Bryan, with baby Audrey
Audrey's first bottle at 3 weeks old- Way to go, Aunt Lori!
Matthew has been busy playing with all his new toys. He received a DVD from Santa for Dora the Explorer and he loves to watch it in his toy room. One morning, Andy went to work out and I went upstairs to do some things. When I came down, Matthew had a popsicle in his hand. He opened the freezer on his own, pulled up a chair, and took out a popsicle. We didn't really discipline him because Andy and I were so impressed that he had the smarts to do it! Matthew likes to push around his step ladder so that he can see over the counter and reach light switches among other things.
Audrey has been sleeping well and nursing every 2 - 3 hours. She is a dream compared to Matthew at this age. He was so fussy. It's nice to have a baby that doesn't cry very much at all. I am surprised that even a bath doesn't make her cry. We are scared to take Audrey outside the house because of the risk of germs and flu season. Although, we realize that Matthew probably brings home a good amount of viruses. We are so thankful that Audrey has remained healthy. We took her to the 2 week old doctor visit on Dec 29th and she already gained a pound from her birth weight! Her stats are:
Weight: 8 lbs 12 oz 70%
Height: 19 7/8 inches 50%
Head Circumference: 14 1/4 inches 70%
Audrey received Hep B vaccine in her leg and they pricked her heel for a newborn screen test. She cried at both of these pokes but I nursed her quickly afterwards and she went right off to sleep. Her next appointment is scheduled at 2 months old.
Andy and I rang in the new year by watching tv and relaxing at home with the family. I laid on the couch with Audrey laying on my chest. It is so relaxing to hear her breathe. 2010 was a great year and we wish everyone a fabulous 2011!

1 comment:
I'm cracking up at the video! That is priceless!
Post a Comment