Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tricky sleeping schedules



The work week was relatively uneventful. Both kids are well so that's good. Audrey is 10 months old now. She is cutting teeth on the top. She has 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top left hand side but she is getting 2 more on the right hand side. I give her tylenol at night sometimes and that helps take the edge off. She is getting a rash from all the saliva on her chin. She eats everything that we eat. I made pumpkin pancakes this weekend and she loved them.




I visit her everyday at lunch and she is so excited to see me. She claps and smiles and crawls over to me. I will feed her at lunch and then put her in her crib because she is asleep but as soon as I put her down, she pops her head up and she doesn't want to sleep anymore. The daycare workers says this happens with all babies there. I guess they get to a stage that they don't want to miss out on anything.




Audrey is sleeping all night long and wakes up at 5 or 5:30am ready to eat. Sometimes I can get her to go back to sleep. Over the weekend, she was ready to wake up so I just had to go downstairs with her so she doesn't wake up Matthew. The smallest noise wakes up Matthew and then he is Mr. Grumpy because he woke up too early. It is very tricky trying to get them to nap at the same time. On Sunday, Audrey slept at 10am while Matthew and I went to nursery duty at the church. When we came home at noon, Audrey was ready to play and Matthew was hungry and didn't want to take a nap. Andy finally got him to nap around 4pm on the couch. So then Audrey and I decided to get out of the house so that he could sleep so we went shopping. I was so exhausted Sunday night that I went to bed at 8pm!




Matthew's allergies are bothering him lately. We give him allergy medicine every night but he has a runny nose and he is just so grumpy and obstinate sometimes. Andy has been taking allergy shots and they are working well. Otherwise, we would have 2 grumpy guys in the house.




Matthew had fun this weekend at the neighbor's 4th birthday party. He enjoyed an inflatable slide with water at the bottom and a trampoline. We were planning to go to the fair on Sunday but it rained so we decided to stay home. Andy enjoyed smoking some meats in his smoker so that kept him busy.






No comments: