Matthew is learning to write his name. He says "I have a long name". I think the teacher tells him that as to why others can write their name and why he can't. But we are working with him every night to practice and he is so proud. He is a perfectionist so he gets a little frustrated if he "can't do it". He is left handed and holds the pen in the proper form so it is only a matter of practice until he can do it without thinking. Sometimes the W's look like M's and sometimes the E's are backwards. But he is making good progress.
Matthew also learned how to pee standing up. Some of his friends do this at school and one day he told me to leave and I noticed he was on top of the toliet with the rim down, straddling the toliet (sitting not standing) but frontwards. I mentioned this to Andy so he showed him how to do it but apparently Matthew couldn't pee standing up at first. Andy just said, take your time, it will come when you feel comfortable. When Andy would go to the bathroom, Matthew would watch to see how it was done. Then one day he was so excited to tell us that he peed standing up. It was a big feat for him! I noticed that the pee was getting on his underwear because it would drip and I mentioned that he needed to shake. Matthew did a "crazy shake" where he shook his whole body in a silly fashion. It was so funny! I just told Andy he needed to show Matthew how to do the shake thing and Matthew picked it up quickly.
Matthew is so excited about his birthday and the fact that family will be coming to visit. I ordered a buzz lightyear cake with strawberry marble cake (Matthew's request for the strawberry).
Audrey is cutting more teeth. She is cute with all these teeth coming in. She moved up class rooms to the bigger babies where they have more toys/slides and they eat with a spoon. She likes to explore and play with Matthew. She loves putting change in the piggy bank since it is a hard exercise for her to do. I play music after bath time and she loves to dance and jump on the bed with Matthew. She gets frustrated with communicating so she just whines "Ahhh" and points to things a lot. It will be nice when she can talk.

1 comment:
Yay! I can't wait to see everyone. The pee story gave me a good laugh! :)
Post a Comment