On Friday, we took a trip to San Antonio. I took a half-day vacation on Friday and picked up the kids and caught a 45 minute flight to the hill country. I am getting more brave to travel with the kids by myself as long as they are short flights with good availability. Matthew was so excited to get picked up from school early to go on a trip. Andy arrived later as he had a meeting so he couldn't leave at the same time. We stayed at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort. It is catered for families with a sand beach, lazy river, s'mores campfire, playground, and movie on the lawn at night. Nanna, Papa, and Michael met us there. It is only a couple of hours drive from their house.
Matthew enjoyed the lazy river and floating with Mama on an inner tube. Audrey liked to play in the sand. Audrey did not sleep very well so we ended up putting her in our king bed with us and Matthew. She woke up at 6:30am so I left the room so that Matthew and Andy could sleep in. She took an early nap still wearing her swimsuit and so did I. I just laid on a reclining chair with her on top of me. We ate at our favorite restaurant, Alamo Cafe, before heading back on a flight Saturday night where the flights had availability. It was a quick trip but it was nice to get away and see Nanna, Papa, and Michael.
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment