Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Mama!

My birthday was on a Monday, July 16th. Andy and Matthew went to the mall to buy a special present.  I asked if Matthew cooperated and Andy admitted that Matthew was doing snow angels on the floor at some point.  I was surprised that Matthew kept a secret and didn't tell me the gift.  Although he mentioned it was a blue box but I didn't say anything to Andy.

On Sunday, we went to a friend's house for a backyard party with lots of other kids.  Matthew had a blast - jumping on the trampoline, swimming in the baby pool, and following the big kids around.  Audrey also enjoyed playing with the other kids, especially the other kid's toys.

On Friday, July 13th, I took Audrey to the doctor for her 18 month appointment.  Her stats are the following:

Weight 23 lbs 12 oz  59%
Height 31 1/2 inches  27%
Head Circum  18 3/4 in 83%

The doctor mentioned that the 18 month visit is the hardest.  She did fine but I can definitely tell that she is in a difficult stage.  She has a strong will and she cries and throws a fit when she doesn't get her way.  I told Andy the other day that the lows are low where she will scream very loudly if something is wrong but the highs are high where she will give you the biggest belly laughs and giggles.  She is definitely more playful with Matthew and he enjoys playing with her.  She runs around the house and squeals with delight if you chase her.





No comments: