Oh, the weather outside is frightful....NOT! We started the first day of December with 80 degree weather. This is just insane! But the kids enjoyed the outdoors in their summer clothes. I'm glad that I didn't switch out their clothes.
We had a picnic in the park on Saturday morning. I picked up some food from Jason's Deli "to go" but we made sure to enjoy the frozen yogurt in the store first. Audrey has been wearing pullups every day at school after the Thanksgiving break and she has been doing a great job in staying dry. I bought some Dora panties and she was so excited to wear them Saturday morning for the first time. She immediately peed in them within the first 10 minutes in the kitchen (on the tile thank goodness) and quickly learned that she needed to go the potty or else we have to change the panties. But she did very well for her first day and got the hang of it. Mommy was exhausted with the frequent potty runs but overall it was a good day. People think that she is early for potty training and that I may be pushing her too soon, but I tell you that she acts like she is ready and really we are the ones that are slowing her down just because we don't want to be inconvienced with running her to the toliet all day, especially if we are trying to run errands.
Matthew learned about advent during his sunday school class on Sunday. I am 1 of 3 teachers so I get to be a part of his learning process. He can successfully recite the Lord's prayer without any hesitation. He asks "what is temptation?" I told him a good example - he has to make 2 decisions: 1) to give Audrey a toy when she wants to play with it or 2) run and hide with the toy so she cries. This is temptation for a 4 year old and he frequently does #2.

our princess in her flip flops

The kids are ready to play "Super Ducky" with Daddy after bathtime

Look at Mr. Big Boy in his big boy carseat

Macie's 5th Birthday Party in Toy Story Theme

Adorable Macie
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:
Awe! I miss them so much. Wish I could be there for Audrey's birthday party. I bet Macie's theme was a hit!
Post a Comment