We slept in until nearly 11am. We were disappointed to miss the hotel breakfast buffet. But we ventured out for lunch and enjoyed pizza and a salad with a cafe Americana (coffee). The city was busy with people and we decided to do our shopping today since most of the museums were closed on Monday. Andy bought a leather jacket, wallet, passport holder, and money clip. He was planning to buy me a leather jacket but since I couldn't make up my mind, the salesman started talking Andy into buying one. We enjoyed Gelato at Gilli and people watched for a little while. I booked a massage at the hotel while Andy worked out. We went to dinner at Trattoria Omero and enjoyed olives with almonds inside, tortellini with Ragu sauce and a steak "Florentine" style. We found out that Ragu sauce in Italy is actually a meat sauce with a tiny bit of cream but no tomato sauce. I joked as the waiter walked away with our clean plate "we are from Arkansas and them ain't Ragu sauce" Andy piped in "is that there chef boy rD". We laughed over a bottle of wine with a beautiful view of the Tuscan valley. And Floretine style steak means bone-in and thick cut. Andy ate half the steak but it was a little rare for him. After that, he decided to wait until after we got back to Texas to eat a steak.




You can tell that I am not liking this jacket
No comments:
Post a Comment