Friday, November 21, 2008

Matthew's new smile showing his tongue

Matthew is teething on the top and one of his new things is to chew on his tongue. Here are a few snapshots of him showing off his tongue.




Matthew loves riding on the cart at the daycare- see his tongue?. They get them out of the classroom a couple of times during the day. Some of the kids cry when they have to get off the cart because they like it so much.

Here is Matthew playing in the bumbo seat in his big boy jeans. This was the first time he wore jeans because the weather just started to get cooler. He wears 12 - 18 month clothing at 7 months old.
Last weekend, I took a picture of him sleeping in his crib. This is the first picture that we took of him sleeping because all other times we were scared it would wake him up.
He eats at 6/7am, 9:30am, 12-noon, 3pm, 6pm, a dream feeding around 10pm, and he wakes around 1am and 4am for another feeding. If I am lucky he will only get up for the 1am feeding. He naps after the 9:30am feeding and 3pm feeding for 40 - 60 mins.

Everyone asks, "What are you feeding him because he is so pudgy?" I just comment that it's not what I am feeding him but the fact that I am feeding him all night long!
The weather was so cold last weekend that I kept his pajamas on him until noon. He was playing on the bed with his stuffed animals.

He likes to grab his toes. He will take off his socks and chew on them. But his shoes are hard to take off - Thanks Grammy for the cute robies. He gets lots of compliments on them.


As far as other noteworthy events this week, Matthew can hold his own bottle. He started doing that a few weeks ago. He likes to wiggle his thumb and watch it. He will drop toys on the floor and then look to find them. He likes to stare at my toes because of my polish. He just smiles when he stares at my feet. It's funny.
He still does not take baby food very well - he gags when you feed him anything other than a bottle. I gave him a bag of m&m's to play with and he sucked on the wrapper and had chocolate all over his mouth and face. Mama learned her lesson.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I can't believe how much he's grown since I last saw him. I can't wait to see him this week!

20 Acre Adobe - Albuquerque, NM Vacation Rental said...

The tongue thing must be a Bruce family trait - all our Bruce kids did it!