Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring in Texas




April in Texas is always nice because the weather is usually in the 70's with some rain showers that produce beautiful flowers.  Andy & I went for a walk this weekend and it felt so humid and everything was so lush it reminded us of the rain forest in Hana (Hawaii).  On our street, there are some azaleas that only bloom this time of year and they are so full of color.   

We decided to follow the Texas spring tradition by taking a picture in the bluebonnets.  Nevermind that neither one of us are originally from Texas.  I had to buy a new camera since I left mine on the plane last weekend.  Afterwards, we ate dinner at Saltgrass Steakhouse.  Matthew ate some potatoes, veggies, bread, and a little bit of baby food.  He prefers to eat real food, especially if it comes off our plate.  

He is real close to walking on his own.  He has good balance but he likes to hold on to things.  We tried to get him to walk to us without holding on but he refused.  I bet he will start walking by the end of this week.  

No comments: