Monday, April 6, 2009

A weekend in Scottsdale





Aunt Lori is moving to Scottsdale and we decided to travel this weekend to help her look for a place to live. We flew over Saturday morning and arrived at the hotel by 10am (Pheonix time). Andy went with Lori to look at properties since this was his forte, and Matthew and I stayed at the hotel and lounged around at the pool. The weather got up to 80 degrees, a nice change from the 60 degree weather in Dallas.

We saw Uncle Bob and Mary K Kickels while we were there. Matthew would not go down for bed at his usual bedtime because he was too wired from all the attention. He's such a social butterfly. He would wave to people on the plane and smile at them.

On Sunday, Andy headed to Tucson to play golf with his co-worker, Bob Chapman. Matthew and I decided to catch an early flight out on Sunday so we went to the airport at 8am. Unfortunately, the flights were full so we didn't get on one until 4:30pm. Mama was exhausted! Matthew had a fun time. There was a play area so we hung out there mostly. At one point, I ran out of diapers so I had to exit security and then purchase the diapers at a newstand and then go back through security- What a beating! They made me open all of his baby food so they could test it. I was not happy. But little Matthew was a trouper. He didn't care where we were, as long as we were hanging out together. He would watch the planes take off and point to them. It was quite an eventful day. I got home at 9:30pm last night, put Matthew to bed (he was already sleeping), and then I was out....until he woke up at 5:45am.

No comments: