Sunday, July 12, 2009




Matthew is moving around at a quicker speed.  It seems like only a matter of seconds before you realize that he is into something else.  On Saturday, Matthew got into Rusty's dogfood.  He grabbed the bowl and dumped it out before we knew it.  I was on the phone and Andy had to resolve the situation (Matthew was fussing) so Andy explained that it was not appropriate and put him into time out on our red chair in the front room.  After I got off the phone, I peeked into the room and Matthew was just sitting there - like he knew he had done wrong.  I tried not to smile b/c he looked cute.  Then he got down and played and we didn't have a problem the rest of the time.

On Friday night, we went to dinner at Patrizio's and Matthew did not cooperate very well.  He wanted to walk around.  We tried taking turns getting up with Matthew until the meal came out but he just didn't want to be in that high chair.  

On Saturday morning (after Matthew had walked around a ton) we went to breakfast at Breadwinners with my bff Kelly and Danny.  Matthew was a little subdued but it worked out perfectly.  He was relaxed enough to sit still.  

Saturday night, Andy & I got our sitter and we went out to eat to at Hibiscus for our 5-year anniversary.  It was actually a couple of weeks ago but we didn't really get to celebrate it.  Our baby sitter, Ana Paula, lives across the street (literally) and she does a great job.  We are lucky to have her so close and she is so good with Matthew.  

On Sunday, Andy flew out to DC for work so Matthew and I went to Corpus Christi for the day.  It was my first day trip and I would say that it works quite well.  We didn't have to board Rusty, we didn't have to pack a bag, and we got to sleep in our own bed.  We went to the aquarium and Matthew loved looking at all the fish and just hanging out with Nana, Papa, and Uncle Mike.  We went to eat at Joe's crab shack on the gulf and Matthew liked pointing at the boats.

Eating crawfish and shrimp at Joe's Crab shack with my brother, Mike
Matthew and Papa checking out the boats in the Gulf
Matthew loved the popcorn
Matthew walked around the aquarium and was equally happy just to see other kids
Matthew watching the dolphins under water
Nana and Papa Snider overlooking the bay
Matthew's babysitter, Ana Paula
Matthew looking through Rusty's peephole
Matthew at breakfast with Kelly

No comments: