Over December 5th weekend we had Nanna, Papa, and Mike come into town to babysit. They arrived Friday night but too late to see Matthew before bedtime. When Matthew woke up Saturday morning, we took him to their room and he was surprised to see them. The weather was cold so we stayed inside mostly. Andy and Papa hung the Christmas lights outside while Mike and Nanna were busy entertaining Matthew and replacing batteries in all the toys. Uncle Mike was giving Matthew wagon rides around the house and even outside - Matthew loved it!
We played several rounds of Scrabble while they were in town. Mike has become quite the player. On Saturday, we went to my work holiday party and on Sunday, Andy and I enjoyed a nice breakfast by ourselves while they watched Matthew at home. Matthew didn't seem to be feeling right so they offered to stay home and we took them up on it! Andy took them to the airport around noon while Matthew was taking a nap. When he woke up, he was looking for everyone but they were gone.
It was at this point that I started feeling sick. All of a sudden, I couldn't breathe through my nose and it turned into a sinus cold that lasted an entire week! Matthew and Andy had the same cold. It was a rough week for all of us. Matthew was fussy after daycare and he was plugged up with sinus issues. He woke up at 5:15 am one morning and couldn't go back to sleep so we just got up with him (unwillingly). I went to bed early every night and wanted to sleep even longer. On Thursday, I had a bad sinus headache and I was so tired that I took a day off from work and slept all day. Thankfully, Andy took Matthew to daycare because I just needed rest.
Ms. Krystal says "Mr. Matthew liked playing with playdough and using the cookie cutters. I'm so happy to have sweet, sweet Matthew in my class!" They read Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you hear? and Matthew loves it. He eats everything at daycare, including veggies that he will not eat at home.
We had an uneventful weekend because of our family sickness. On Friday, we were supposed to enjoy the christmas lights in a carriage ride with some friends but we cancelled on that. Andy was supposed to run in the White Rock Marathon in the relay race but cancelled on that. And we bailed on a Cowboys game watching party on Sunday. We are feeling better now and we are ready to tackle another work week.
Matthew going down the steps at the park near our house
He loves the playground
Nanna and Papa playing Scrabble
Papa playing peek-a-boo with Matthew

No comments:
Post a Comment