Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ready for Christmas

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I decided to spray paint the inside of our fireplace.  It was on our to-do list for 2 years!  I had to sand it before painting and the soot got EVERYWHERE!  We were cleaning it up for several days.  I learned my lesson - never mess with the fireplace and always put a sheet down to cover the entire room before doing anything with the fireplace.

On Saturday, we picked out a christmas tree.  The weather was in the mid-60's so Andy was actually in his shorts but as soon as we drove home, a cold front came in and it felt more like Christmas.  The tree was delivered on Sunday and when Matthew woke up from his nap, he saw the tree.  He sniffed it but he didn't seem to care too much that we had a tree in the house.  I decorated it once he went to sleep because I knew I couldn't get it done with him around. He's into everything and he is so fast.  

Matthew moved up to Ms. Krystal's class at the daycare where he is with 18 - 24 month olds.  Ms. Kelly cried during her last day with Matthew.  She wrote "Matthew, you are leaving a big hole in heart.  In these few months in my class you are really special for me and I'm so proud of you and happy to be part of your family.  Thanks for sharing this bright boy with me.  My sweet heart, I'll miss your smile and dance"  Matthew adjusted to the new classroom pretty good.  He was eating with a spoon and doing all the milestones required.  His friend, Liam, also moved up into the new class at the same time.  

Ms. Krystal calls him Matty and she writes "I gush over him all day"  They are reading "Biscuits Snowy day" and learning colors.  She says that he likes to sit by himself sometimes and look at books.  "I couldn't have asked for a child with a more calm and sweet demeanor!" 

On Wednesday, we had snow in Dallas before areas in the East Coast.  I saw it on the news earlier in the week but it was a small chance so we were surprised.  It was coming down pretty thick in the morning so Matthew and I walked outside and took a picture.  He wasn't sure what to think about it.  I tried to catch some for him but it would melt when it touched my hand.  He also stuck his hand out to imitate.  He saw snow before but he was much younger.  It is so exciting to get snow in Dallas, especially in December.  It gets us in the Christmas spirit.

This weekend we have my work holiday party so Nanna and Papa Snider are coming into town to babysit.  Matthew will be happy to have some company.  

The newly painted fireplace

Matthew in his Choo Choo Train sweater
Matthew sniffing the tree
He is swinging a floral ornament from the tree and he knows he is not supposed to that's why he has a big smile on his face
Wednesday, Dec 2nd Snow Falling in our Backyard
2009 Decorated Christmas Tree
Matthew sitting on the pumpkin on our front porch (we threw them away once we put our Christmas wreath on the door)
Matthew checking out the christmas decorations



Picking out the Christmas Tree with Daddy

1 comment:

Lori said...

I like his blue outfit. Looks snuggly!