Wee!
Having fun on the playground near our house
Matthew made this turkey in his daycare class.
Snuggling with Papa Bruce after his nap
Checking out the apple tree on the Bruce's farm
Yum!
Matthew was fascinated with the horses
Matthew running down the hill at the park - it reminded us of the little house on the prairie tv show
Buffy, Papa Durkin, Matthew and Daddy
His hair was sticking straight up from the static
Balance beam with Daddy
Matthew went to Michigan last weekend to visit Grammy "Mimi", Papa Durkin and Grandma, Papa, and Adam Bruce. I took a 6:40am flight on Friday with Matthew and met Andy in Detroit since Andy was already in Chicago for work. It was a long flight and Matthew had his moments but we made it. There was a point where I was standing up with Matthew in the back of the plane and he was crying and there was a loud hum of the engine and I was hoping that he would fall asleep but he just wouldn't relax. I looked at my watch and there was 1 more hour to go! I didn't know how I was going to make it but after I went back to my seat, Matthew stopped crying and I was able to distract him for the rest of the trip.We visited family and Matthew enjoyed playing around the house, going to the park, walking around the Bruce's farm, and getting lots of attention. He ate well and took good naps so he was in good spirits most of the time. He was doing really well in his high chair and didn't throw too much food on the floor.
Matthew said his first sentence while we were in Michigan. One night, Andy started tickling me and he said "Daddy's getting mama" and Matthew repeated it twice! It was the cutest thing.
On Sunday, we headed back to Dallas and Matthew did OK on the flight. We sat in the back and again Matthew did not sleep but at least I had Andy to help out. As soon as we landed in Dallas, Matthew was running around everywhere - it's hard for a toddler to be trapped in the plane for 2 1/2 hours.
Matthew had a nice Thanksgiving lunch on Monday where parents joined the kids. I enjoyed visiting with Ms. Kelly and seeing Matthew during lunch. He was a little nervous at first and had to sit on my lap for a while. Then he warmed up and started showing me all of his books and even danced.
We worked on Tuesday and Wednesday and Andy picked up Matthew early around 2:30pm. We all went for a bike ride once I got home around 4pm. Thanksgiving day was very similar to our Saturday routine -we didn't cook a turkey or anything. But we went over to Andy's boss' house for a nice turkey dinner. We are glad that Matthew cooperated!
As we reflect on this year and our lives in general, we realize that we have so much to be thankful for! We are grateful for our immediate and extended families and for our health. May God bless you!

1 comment:
I love the pic of his hair straight up from the static! How cute! Can't wait to see him at xmas!
Post a Comment