Sunday, November 8, 2009

19 months old






Matthew is learning more each day. We can tell because he will surprise us by talking. Every night when Matthew is on the changing table, I ask him questions like "where are your eyes" and Matthew will point to his eyes. He knows head, hair, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, and toes (we are working on elbow, shoulders, and knees) This week he said mouth. It is fun to hear him say new words so then you know how much he retained. He also says phrases like "Where's Mama" or "What's this" and he says many things that we can not understand.

He has a book of baby signs and it is cute to watch him do the signs as he turns the page. I will have to get him on video. One page shows a baby and he will say "dedee" and then bend his arms next to his side and rock back and forth like a swaddling motion - so cute!

This weekend was relatively low key. During our Friday night dinner at Macaroni Grill, Matthew was fussy. I had to leave the table with him for a while until the food came. He seemed really tired. He refused to wear a big so he ended up having spaghetti all over his mouth and clothes. He loves spaghetti. On Saturday morning, he went to his first play date with James. We ate breakfast with my friend, Kimberly, and then Matthew played with James for a while. James was just learning to walk and he seemed more motivated to walk after he saw Matthew doing it.

There were times that Matthew would crawl into the stroller as a sign that he was ready for a walk. We took him to the park to play a couple of times. Matthew seemed to be more fussy this weekend because of some stomach issues. He cried more this weekend than most weekends because his teeth or stomach- something wasn't quite right. When I took him to the daycare on Monday, they asked "Does he ever cry? We never hear him cry?" I just chuckled. Andy and I think that's hilarious!

No comments: