Hi Mama, I'm cute and I know it
Look at me
Twisting and turning in the chair - how fun!
Matthew actually said "stuck" at this point
Riding the train with Daddy in the mall
Matthew is pointing to the mechanical animals in Rainforest cafe
On Tuesday night, Matthew started running a fever so I took him to the doctor Wed morning. They checked his ears and it looked like a possible ear infection so they gave him antibiotics. I was not feeling well myself with a cough so I stayed home Wed and Thurs with Matthew. He started to act like himself on Thursday evening so he went to school on Friday. Luckily, Matthew did not get the stomach bug that is going around or the swine flu. The dr tells me that the swine flu will peak again in Feb and March. Great.
Matthew and I enjoyed our time together at home. We went to Bachman lake while waiting for his prescription at be fulfilled and he loved watching the planes land at Love field. He also saw some ducks, kayaks with SMU rowing teams, and cyclists/runners. He enjoyed being outside for a little bit. And he really enjoyed the strawberry milk shake that I splurged on him.
We were able to go to dinner Friday night to Campisi's. That's always a nice treat after a work week. Earlier that day, Matthew got a "bobo" above his lip because he was spinning around in circles at school to get dizzy and then he fell and hit a table on the way down. The school said that he cried at first but everything was fine after a minute or so. He was probably more scared than anything.
On Saturday we headed to Grapevine Mills mall. Matthew liked getting out of the house. When I would go into the dressing room to try on some jeans, Matthew would take off his shoes and socks mimicking me. If he could take off his pants, he would have. It was so funny because I went into the dressing room 3 different times and Matthew seemed to enjoy it since it was something new to him. Matthew was a little scared of the alligator and snake at rainforest cafe but he was intrigued. He really enjoyed the ride on the train with Daddy. He didn't want to leave. But he feel asleep in the car as soon as we were out of the parking lot.
When we arrived at the house, we had a hard time getting him to take a nap in his bed since we woke him up to get him out of the car. I took him out of the crib and let him play because he seemed rested and ready to play. But he was fussy and crying over every little thing so we put him back in the bed to take a longer nap. He really fights taking naps with loud screams. The terrible 2's are upon us.
Ana Paula came over to babysit for us Saturday night so we could go to dinner and catch a movie. Matthew was still a little fussy and cried when Mama left. He usually doesn't cry at all when AP comes over. He kept it up on and off for a little while when we were gone but then out of the blue he just starts giggling and having a good ole time.
On Sunday, he slept in until 8am. It was wonderful! We did the usual - took a walk to the park, ate grilled cheese and soup for lunch, played at home, and visited the senior citizen home. We missed church because we woke up too late. Taylor and Kristy and their 2 yr old, Arden, came over Sunday evening to play and hang out. Matthew didn't want to share his toys. He kept saying "mine" but he eventually warmed up to the idea of a playmate. When they walked in, Matthew was screaming "Mama" with tears running down his face because Andy was trying to play with him for a while. It was a big tantrum and they said "It isn't anything we haven't seen before" I just laughed.

No comments:
Post a Comment