Giggling with Daddy
About a week ago, the weather was freezing. This week, we experienced 70 degree weather - That's a Texas winter for you! I was struggling to find clothes for Matthew that would not be too hot. Most of his 2T clothing are winter clothes. Matthew had a good week. On Monday, Andy took him to the doctor for a follow up appointment and everything checked out well. Ms. Krystal said that Matthew is talking more in school. They gave him a ride in the red wagon and he was waving and blowing kisses to all the teachers and kids. The teachers thought Matthew was so cute and they had a big smile telling Andy the story. In the mornings, Matthew watches his backyardagans while eating breakfast. He will play a little before going to school with daddy in the big SUV. He likes sitting up high because he can see everything. He points and says "Truck" as they pass by trucks. In the evenings, he is usually hungry so we feed him right away. He gets to watch another backyardagan episode during dinner. Then, he's ready to play. "Mama, come, choo choo" I usually eat my dinner while sitting in his little chair next to his train set. He doesn't like to play alone too much. And that's fine with us because we enjoy spending time with him.
We tried to go out to dinner on Friday night to Fernando's, but it was crowded and Matthew was hungry so we just went home. We were a little disappointed to eat in but that's how it goes these days. On Saturday, Matthew was up at 6:30am like clock work. We played hard and I took him for a walk at 9am because he was bored already. Andy took Matthew to the YMCA to the daycare while he worked out. Matthew loved playing with the other kids. I went to the mall and enjoyed shopping by myself (the first in a really long time!) Then, Matthew and I visited my friend, Patricia, and her new baby, Lucas. Matthew just looked at the baby and said "baby". He wasn't quite sure what to think about it all. He enjoyed playing with their dog, Oliver. While I was holding Lucas, Matthew was getting jealous of my attention. He started testing me by touching this glass decoration when I told him not to. Patricia picked him up and gave him some attention and then he was happy.
We went to dinner with Kimberly, Jeff, and James (4 months younger than Matthew). We ate at 5pm to make sure we were done by the boys bedtime. We tried a new place, Victor Tangos, and recommend it. I was impressed that Matthew made it through dinner. There was so much going on that Matthew was watching the bartender shaking drinks and just people watching. On Sunday, I slept in while Andy got up with Matthew- that was nice. Then we ate breakfast at Angelas. Matthew took a long nap and then I took him to volunteer at the senior citizen home. The old people love Matthew and enjoy seeing him grow up. He was a little shy at first. Matthew was in a great mood the entire weekend.

1 comment:
Wow, that's a full weekend! :)
Post a Comment