Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Words: What Happened?




Matthew is speaking more words every day.  He can form sentences but you have to listen hard to realize he is actually saying something intelligently.  He started saying "Uh-oh, What Happened?"  It's the cutest thing.  I guess I say "What Happened?" after he says Uh-oh.  

Ms Krystal, his teacher at school, has been impressed with it, too.  She thinks he is getting ready to be potty trained so she started introducing him to the potty this week.  They don't want to rush into potty-training but they introduce it when they feel the kid is ready.  

Matthew will pull on my pant legs and say "Mama, come, choo choo" to tell me to come into his playroom and play with his train.  Andy thinks it's funny.

Over the weekend, Ana Paula babysat for us while Andy and I went to the Cowboys game.  We had a great time, especially since the Cowboys won.  The temperature was in the 30's and it seems that we encountered another sinus cold on Sunday.  Andy and I had it worse than Matthew with a sore throat and cough.  We feel like we are constantly sick!  Matthew has a molar coming in the bottom left.  He was fussy Saturday and would not take a nap (longer than 30 minutes).  Once I realized his tooth was cutting into the gum, I gave him some tylenol and he was in a much better mood.  Only 2 more molars left to go after this one!

We bought an SUV.  After our Christmas experience, we decided to get a more comfortable ride for Matthew and Rusty to enjoy some road trips.  On Saturday, we drove it around and Matthew watched Sesame Street on the DVD with headphones.  He loved it!


1 comment:

Lori said...

I can't wait to see him again soon! Thanks for sharing.