Matthew's new toy train set
Dallas replica at the train exhibit
Matthew watching the trains
Andy and I made a long to-do list so we have been trying to get things accomplished around the house. We put together Matthew's Christmas gift - the train set. He loves it. Every day he wants to play with "Choo Choo" Of course, it only keeps him occupied for 5 - 10 minutes but he still likes it. Before we put the train together, I took Matthew to see the train exhibit at Northpark mall. He didn't really smile because he was so serious watching all the trains.
Andy's New Year Resolution is usually the same every year- Be Healthy - work out and eat right. He is super-motivated this year because he has his 20-year high school reunion. My resolution is to have a positive attitude and seek the good in a situation as well as transition to a new job within AA. I am on a rotational program so I will be moving around in the company in April. I also promised Andy that I would track our financials at the end of the year so I plan to complete that in 2010!
As I look back at 2009, I remember the important events and trips:
- We enjoyed watching Matthew grow from a 9 month old baby to a toddler (1-yr birthday in March, baptism in June)
- Matthew took swimming lessons for 2 weeks in July
- We celebrated Papa Snider's 60th birthday in Austin
- We took a family vacation to Vail, Colorado in Aug
- We traveled to Michigan for Easter, 4th of July, and the weekend prior to Thanksgiving to visit family
- We helped Aunt Lori settle in Scottsdale with a couple of trips
- We visited Albuquerque during the balloon festival
- We celebrated Christmas in Victoria
We made so many great memories in 2009. Matthew is getting a lot harder to travel with now that he is more mobile and demanding. While we may not travel as much in the new year, we hope that 2010 will be even better!

No comments:
Post a Comment