Matthew had fun at his St Patrick's day party at school on Wednesday. I brought green cupcakes and he was eyeing those when I dropped him off in the morning. Daddy was able to stop in for the party at 3pm. Matthew didn't want him to leave and cried when he left.
The weather was so cold on Saturday (40's) and rainy. Matthew seemed to be feeling worse and he didn't want to eat much and he was fussy. We drove around the neighborhood in the morning just to get him outside. We later saw Taylor and Kristy doing the same with Arden and we chuckled. In an effort to boost his mood, I took Matthew to the Galleria. Matthew had a smoothie and he watched the ice skaters on the ice skating rink. He really enjoyed getting into the stroller and getting out of the house. He asked for a walk several times during the day but the weather was so bad that we couldn't go - and that made him cry. I took him to a play area in the galleria where lots of kids play and Matthew enjoyed that for a little while. I ordered a happy meal from mcdonalds (something I never give him) and he ate 5 or 6 fries dipped into ketchup. He was smiling while we were sitting there in the eating area. I started to rush him to go and told myself that we are here for him to have a good time and if it means sitting there in the eating area for a while and playing with his toy, then that's what we will do.
I figured he would wake up in the middle of the night given how rotten he was feeling. He woke up at 4am on Sunday. He was hungry and I was glad to hear him say "eat" and motion the hungry sign language. So I fed him cereal and we watched one of his cartoons before going back to bed. He was up again around 6am and Andy took that shift then he was officially up at 7:30am. Matthew seemed to have his appetite back. He still wasn't feeling well and tugging on his ear but he acted better than the previous days.
We woke up to snow on the ground Sunday morning. I heard there was a chance but I really didn't think we would get snow this late in March! The wind was fierce so we didn't get out and play in it. We went to the grocery store and Matthew enjoyed riding around in the grocery cart and just getting out of the house. He took a good nap and in the afternoon he grabbed his jacket because he wanted to go somewhere. I usually take him to the senior citizen home but I didn't want to bring his sickness to the seniors. I decided to take him to the Northpark mall instead. We got another balloon at Nordstroms and he enjoyed the change of scenery. We shared a small cup of mango sorbet. He was so cute sitting at the table in the big chair. I said "Mama and Matthew" and he repeated it and it just melted my heart because I know he enjoys spending time together.
Later on Sunday, the Bowen's came over for dinner and a playdate. Arden was full of energy and Matthew seemed to perk up when she came around. He was a little better about sharing his toys this time. Well, on to a new work week- hopefully the weather will warm up to our normal temperatures so we can enjoy more outdoor activities. It was the first day of spring and I have to say that it sure didn't feel like it!

No comments:
Post a Comment