Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What's your name

Daddy playing This Little Piggy went to the Market
Matthew swinging with Arden

Matthew started something new this week. I would ask "What's your name?" and he responds "Matthew" He sounds so cute when he says it. He also points at his baby pictures and says "baby Matthew". He is learning new words all the time. We have not seen too many temper tantrums in a while so we are enjoying this phase so far. He still has a couple of teeth left to go but he is a happy kid most of the time.

We enjoyed Mimi and Papa visiting from Michigan. They played with Matthew a couple of mornings and took him to daycare a little later. It was a big help for me because I usually have an hour commute a few times a week when I take Matthew to daycare. Mimi and Papa cooked dinner every night and ran errands for us. Matthew still says "Mimi" when he comes home from school.

We had beautiful weather on Sat and Sun. The sun was shining and it hit 70 degrees at one point. It was such a nice break to all the overcast, snow, and cold days we have been experiencing (unusual winter weather for Texas). I went to a bridal shower on Saturday while Andy took Matthew to the YMCA to play while he worked out. We ate dinner at Pappadeaux's and Matthew did pretty well.

On Sunday, we dropped off Matthew in the nursery while we went to mass. The lady in the nursery had 15 kids and she was the only one there. I asked if she needed help and she took me up on it. The parents just kept dropping off more kids so I swear there were 20 kids in there with just us two. I was overwhelmed on how to play with all these kids of ages 6 months to 5 years old. I started reading a book and some kids gathered around. Matthew was clinging to me. One kid smelled like poop so I picked him up to change his diaper and Matthew threw a big fit. So I had to pick up Matthew and carry him around most of the time and just tell the other lady that she needed to change him. One girl had to go to the potty and I had Matthew on my arm while trying to pick her up and put her on the toilet. I wasn't quite sure what I was doing since Matthew isn't at that stage yet but I just let her lead. Needless to say, I was exhausted after only 1 hour in that nursery. I was just laying around the rest of the day!


1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh my! 20 kids! Wow, that sounds like a ton of work. It was nice of you to stay and help her out. Tell Matthew to call me. I want to hear him say his name :)