Matthew noticed the motorcycle and this man offered for Matthew to sit on it. Matthew had a huge smile!
Matthew's personality is coming out as he is able to talk more. He definitely takes after his daddy with his friendliness and impatience. Matthew is observant and a little shy around strangers. The teachers at school tell us that he is so serious. They find it hilarious that he likes to tell the other kids what to do. One day Andy saw him tell a kid to not go down the slide head first. While we were playing the park over the weekend, he told some older kids "be careful." Matthew enjoyed playing outside most of the weekend. He pushes his mower around the yard.
He was riding his tricycle and skuffed his knee on the cement (since he was wearing shorts) so he has a bobo now. He had to tell the sticks in the driveway "not nice" and pointed his finger at them.
On Friday, we ate dinner at our usual - Fernandos. Matthew was amusing us by putting his crayons into his milk cup where the straw usually goes. We ordered sopapillas and Matthew loved them, especially the honey.
When we were done eating, I was walking with him in the parking lot and he didn't want to hold my hand. Since there are cars around, I told him that was unacceptable so I picked him up. He screamed because he wanted to walk on his own. I put him in the car seat and he screamed all the more - trying to arch his back so I couldn't buckle him in. The entire 5 minute drive home he was screaming at the top of his lungs. You would have thought he was in pain or something. After a minute, I couldn't take it and I found myself trying to yell louder than him to get him to stop crying. I had the windows rolled down and anyone that could hear us would probably think I was a crazy woman. Andy had a similar experience the other day. Of course, then you feel guilty for yelling at them the second after you do it. It sounds ridiculous but there are some times that the screaming just gets under your skin.
As soon as we pulled into the driveway, Matthew was a in a good mood and he was playing like nothing happened. He is definitely in a phase where he is exercising his freedom. Andy and I are constantly having to correct him or set him straight. It's exhausting! One day Matthew took off his shoe in the backseat and threw it at Andy. Andy reached back and gently slapped his leg and said "No" after repeatedly telling him to quit throwing his shoes. When I change his diaper, he likes to kick me and after trying to logically convince him to quit, I finally had to slap his legs and tell him to stop.
His new words are "stop it." This is something that he hears at school. Anytime I try to wipe his nose or wash his hair in the bath, he yells "stop it, mama." I'm like, I'm mama and I can do these things! Don't tell me to stop it.
Matthew was walking up the step on our front porch and scuffed his foot. He spent 10 minutes to tell the step "that's not nice" as he pointed his finger at it. He even mentioned a time-out for the step.
I took him to the YMCA indoor pool on Saturday and Matthew enjoyed it. He is getting better with kicking but he doesn't kick and move his hands at the same time. I was proud that he floated on his back (as I was holding him). We ate lunch where Matthew enjoyed sweet potatoe fries and ketchup. Andy was busy buying sod and trying to repair our dead grass in the front yard. Then Matthew and I went to Barnes and Noble where Matthew played with the toys and books. They had a kid section and he loved it. We made a stop at the frozen yogurt place and Matthew ate nearly all of it! He was having fun with Mama.
Andy and Matthew went for a bike ride on Sunday. Andy thought that Matthew was falling asleep at one point because his head was hitting Andy's back every now and then. Matthew loves the bike rides. And then they jumped into our pool. But the water was too cold so Matthew said "all done" after a minute in the water. We went over to Taylor & Kristy's house for dinner and Matthew enjoyed playing with Arden. He gave her a hug goodbye and she got close but then pushed him away. Matthew repeated "Arden, no push" for the next 5 minutes on our walk home. He was really hurt by this!
After having a runny nose and a little cough for over a week now, I took him to the doctor this morning to check out his ears. We are traveling to Arkansas for my cousin's graduation and visit Papa Guido (over 90 yrs old) so I thought I would get him checked out before the plane ride. Matthew's ears were fine for now and the doctor gave him a decongestant to dry up the sinuses. The allergies are really bad in Dallas this time of year because of the pollen. Matthew was in good spirits at the doctor's office. Matthew had a couple of splinters on the bottom of his foot and the doctor got them out. I wasn't brave enough to try myself. Matthew did really well and didn't flinch too much from the needle poking at his skin. The doctor gave him 2 bandaids (more for show) so Matthew was happy to have a "sticker". Matthew weighed 27 pounds.

No comments:
Post a Comment