He was so proud. We said "Wow, good job Matthew, you are a big boy." The rest of the night Matthew repeated "poop in potty, good job, Matthew big boy." He was in the best mood the rest of the night. We tried to put him on the potty to tinkle but that never seems to happen in the few seconds that he sits on the potty. We have a small potty for him for the tinkles but we use the "big boy potty" as Matthew calls it for the poops.
Lately, we call Matthew Dennis the Menace because it seems like he finds trouble quickly. He is starting to play more on his own. He put toilet paper down the toilet and kept flushing it until it was all backed up in a matter of seconds. He will take all the balls out of the basket on our coffee table and throw them about. He will turn chairs upside down or empty blocks to make a mess in quick fashion. He will find my computer and have it doing all sorts of functions I didn't even know existed.
On Saturday, I took Matthew to McDonalds to get ice cream and play in the indoor play area. The temperature is so hot here so I was trying to find indoor activities for him. He loved it. There were some older kids playing and Matthew was so excited to be around them. He was saying "hi" and trying to copy them. On Sunday, I had nursery duty at our church and I was surprised at how Matthew was doing a good job of helping me get other kids to play with puzzles or play with toys. He was my little helper. We visited the senior citizens home but it was Matthew's nap time so he was a little shy.
I tried to put Matthew down for a nap earlier but he jumped out of the crib and started knocking on his door in a matter of minutes. I tried to get him to go down again for a little stretch but he was knocking at the door again with the biggest smile. I gave up so Matthew took a nap later than normal. I was a little disappointed because I was ready for a nap myself and Andy was jogging outside at the time. Andy ended up getting Matthew to take a nap in front of the St Jude Classic golf on tv on the couch while Andy was napping in the chair. Matthew was fighting the nap with all his might.
Arden, Taylor, and Kristy came over on Sunday to enjoy the pool and fajitas. Matthew was cranky after the nap on the couch because I think Rusty woke him up earlier than he would have otherwise. But as soon as we told Matthew that Arden was coming, he was in a good mood and kept talking about it "Arden coming." Matthew gets a surge of energy when she is here and he was showing off in the pool. They enjoy capri suns and then backyardagan tv show during dinner. Matthew has been watching the Robot Rampage episode for the past several weeks and actually says "systems A-OK" at random times during the day. Andy and I feel like we have the episode memorized.

1 comment:
He's a little cutie!
Post a Comment