Sunday, July 18, 2010

Matthew is expecting a baby sister in December



I went to the doctor on Thursday and during the sonogram appointment the technician wrote down the sex of the baby and placed it in an envelope so Andy and I wouldn't find out. We had a friend call the bakery and tell them the sex and then we cut the cake on Saturday evening at a small get-together with friends to unveil the surprise. And what a surprise! I was thinking it was a boy since I feel exactly the same as the last pregnancy. I was shocked when Andy cut the cake and it was pink in the middle.

Matthew called the cake "birthday cake" since it was my birthday on Friday and that's the only kind of cake he knows. He doesn't quite get the idea of having a baby or even a baby sister for that matter. But he has 4 months to warm up to the idea.

The party on Saturday included lots of other little friends for Matthew. They swam in the pool and jumped in the bounce house. Matthew showed everyone his train set and he was quite the social butterfly. Nanna and Papa came into town for the big surprise and he enjoyed playing hide-and-seek with Papa.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Yea! I can't wait to see you guys!

Newman Family Blog said...

Congratulations! Be prepared for sweetness and drama! It's the best! We are very excited for y'all!