I have been sick with a terrible sinus cold so most of the weekend Matthew hung out with Daddy. On Saturday, I took Matthew to the Aviation Museum at Love Field in order to get him out of the house and do something indoors to avoid the heat. He liked the airplanes and he really liked the bounce house and play equipment. It was his first time in a bounce house and he kept falling down. I think he would get frustrated and then want out of there but as soon as he got out, he wanted back in. There were lots of other 2 year olds running around because there was a birthday party. He really wanted to get some birthday cake but I had to tell him that we didn't even know these kids and we left at that point.
Andy played with Matthew the rest of the day so that I could rest. They swam in the pool together. Matthew is quite the swimmer and he enjoys going under water. Andy started doing a blast-off routine by counting down from 10 and then throwing Matthew up in the air. Matthew loves it. Ana Paula babysat for us on Saturday night so that Andy and I could celebrate our 6th anniversary. Boy, how time flies! We ate at Eddie V's (a new seafood restaurant in town) and watched a movie afterwards.
I was feeling worse on Sunday and decided to rest most of the day. Andy took Matthew for a walk to the park and then he kept Matthew busy with colors. At one point, they were running through the sprinklers in the backyard and I'm not sure who was having a better time - they both were squealing. In the afternoon, I finally felt energized to hang out with Matthew so I brought the fingerpaints outside. Matthew was having a good time with that.
During the bedtime routine, Matthew could tell that I was not feeling well so he kissed my hand because he thought it was a bobo and he said "feel better, mama?" And then a kissed a couple of more freckles that he thought were bobos and said "feel better?" It was really sweet. Every time I would cough, he would say "goodness". I guess that's what I say sometimes to him.
He's very curious lately and says "what's that?" often. It's amazing at how quickly he learns new words. He loves books so we make sure to encourage that. He likes to bring books to the couch area and read together. Andy has a new nighttime routine where he comes in and reads Barnyard Dance. One night he put on his cowboy hat and he was reading the book in full Andy-animation mode and Matthew was smiling ear-to-ear. Every night, Matthew asks "Daddy, Barnyard Dance?" so that Andy knows it's time to come up and read.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So cute. Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment