Eating Fletcher's Corndogs
Big Tex - "Howdy Folks!"
Nanna and Papa came into town last weekend. On Friday night, Andy was hoping to do some tailgating at the SMU game with Matthew before the big TCU SMU game. But by the time Andy and Matthew got their hair cut, the game was about to start. Andy went to the game with Taylor and Kristy while Matthew and I stayed home. Since my parents were coming into town, Matthew and I took a stroll to the grocery store. Matthew rode in one of those grocery carts with the toddler car attached and he loved it. We would go down the aisles and he would "help mama" with the groceries by putting things in the basket. We typically don't take him to the grocery store and when we do, we put him in the grocery cart where he can't walk around. So he was loving this trip. The toy car attached to the buggy was pink and Matthew will bring it up out of the blue - "Pink" and I know what he is referring to.We were also planning to go to the fair Saturday morning but that didn't happen because it rained so much. Instead, we went shopping at Grapevine Mills Mall. Matthew rode the carousel and we bought Matthew some new shoes and clothes. We arrived back at the house in time to watch the rest of the Arkansas vs Alabama game. Most of us took a good nap but Papa was glued to the game and unfortunately his team (Ark) lost it at the end. We headed to the fair on Saturday evening but after driving around and looking for a parking place for nearly 10 minutes, we decided to come back on Sunday morning when it wasn't so crowded and when it wasn't so close to Matthew's bedtime - Genius idea!
We went out to eat dinner and Matthew did very well. He especially liked the sopapillas with honey. His teacher at school is teaching him manners so he has been saying "may I have X please?" or "may I have some more please". It's very pleasant to hear. He has enjoyed school lately and said "I love Ms Leah" along with "I love Rusty". He's so sweet.
On Sunday morning, we finally made it to the fair. Nanna and Papa decided to leave early so they didn't come with us. The weather was 75 degrees. The coldest it has been in a long time! We were enjoying it. Matthew was thrilled to see 'Big Tex'. And when Big Tex started talking, Matthew was even more excited. We ate corn dogs, smoked turkey leg, fried peanut butter, banana, and jelly sandwich, and ice cream. Matthew liked the corn dog and wanted to eat it himself so he was getting a little ketchup on his clothes. He also liked the push-up but it was started melting and he wasn't eating it fast enough so I just kept wiping the ice cream off of him after every bite. It was comical - although at the time I was getting quite frustrated.
At night he will talk about "Big Texas" and how "Big Texas talk to me". When we get ready in the mornings to go to school, Matthew doesn't want to go to school. He wants to see "Big Texas". I just tell him, "we can't go to the fair everyday". He rode a few rides and enjoyed riding on Daddy's shoulders. Matthew is definitely more fun at this age.

1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had fun! I can't wait to see you guys soon!
Post a Comment