Sunday, September 19, 2010

Plano Balloon Festival





The weather in Dallas is still hot but fall is just around the corner and we can't wait. On Friday, I had extensive blood testing done for gestational diabetes. I will find out the results next week. I am a healthy eater for the most part so I honestly don't know what changes I can make on that front. From what I know, it's nothing serious but just something to keep an eye on during pregnancy. And once the pregnancy is over, it supposedly goes away. We went out to eat on Friday night at our usual place, Fernandos. Matthew sat next to Andy and he was so smitten over daddy. He was giggling and enjoying the daddy lovin'. When Andy got up to leave, I noticed he had ketchup on his dress shirt and pants - that tells you how much Matthew was snuggling into Andy!

At school, Matthew moved up to the next class a couple of weeks ago. He loves his new teacher, Ms Leah. He has been eager to go to school this week with little or no crying - yeah!!!! We have to monitor his bm's and I frequently try to get him to eat prunes to keep him regular because it makes such an impact on his mood. After our dinner on Friday night, he had a big poop in his diaper and since my arms were all bruised from the testing, Andy cleaned it up. He put it in the toilet and then the toilet clogged so he had to get the plunger. I don't know how he was able to stand it - I almost gagged! I am so thankful that Andy is around to help out with these types of chores.

On Saturday morning, we went to the Plano hot air balloon festival. Matthew enjoyed seeing the balloons in the air. We took Rusty with us and everyone stopped us to ask "What type of dog is that?" Some people would say "I don't know whether to look at the balloons or look at your dog" As it started to get hotter, we were getting more annoyed because we could hardly take a couple of steps without people stopping us. What can we say, we have a celebrity dog!

Matthew and I went to the nursing home for a party shortly after the balloon festival. All the seniors loved seeing Matthew. They did an arts and crafts project with stickers and Matthew sat at the table and participated - he loved it!

No comments: