Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nesting: Getting ready for baby and Thanksgiving

Cool dude wearing his shades and eating grapes

Helping Daddy sweep the leaves
The baby's closet
The changing area
The photo wall
The crib - we still have nails in the wall from Matthew's name. As soon as we pick a name, we will hang new letters above the crib.
Mobile with light green, purple, and pink
Matthew's old car seat with a fresh new look

On Friday, I went the doctor and she says that I have not changed at all. She now thinks the baby will come after Thanksgiving. I was a little disappointed to hear this news because I thought for sure that the baby would be here by now. Given that news, we have relaxed somewhat and just focused on getting the house ready for Thanksgiving and doing all the projects that we know we will not have time to do once the baby is around.

The baby's room is ready with diapers and outfits ready to go. My hospital bag is packed and in the car. My coworkers are on standby and if I disappear for any length of time, people start asking if I went into labor. I told everyone goodbye on Friday as if I was not coming back for a while but in fact, I may be around the office for the next couple of weeks since I still have 2 weeks until my due date.

It was a relatively uneventful weekend. We didn't have much planned since we thought the baby would be here at any moment. I took Matthew to the YMCA pool on Sat morning while Andy worked out with his personal trainer. Andy stopped by the YMCA afterwards and played ball with Matthew in the gym and I was able to break away for a shopping trip. Matthew's swimming skills are no where near where it used to be a couple of months ago but hopefully he will pick it back up by going to the indoor pool regularly. We took our 2-hour naps on Saturday and then took a walk to the park with Rusty. We went out for pizza that evening and then stopped by the new grocery store afterwards to stock up on some Thanksgiving food.

We will have a full house for Thanksgiving: Lori, Bryan, Nana (my grandmother), Nanna, Papa, and Michael. My parents will be staying in a hotel nearby and we hope Matthew enjoys that indoor pool. On Sunday, we enjoyed the 70-degree weather and played outside most of the day. We started the morning by going to Target and stocking up on some last minute baby items, birthday presents for Matthew's friends, and light bulbs, etc... We ordered some furniture to complete our front living room, including an entry way table with baskets so we can get organized for daily routines - Matthew's school bags will go in there instead of on the floor, my purse will go in there, and Rusty's leash.

Matthew did great with the potty training during the school day but he requested diapers over the weekend and even had an accident in his underwear at home once. Since we do not have a regular schedule at home, he finds it an inconvenience to stop and go to the potty every so often. It will be interesting to see how he does after the baby arrives.

Rusty had surgery on his ear this week where they lazered off a cyst. He has constant ear infections because of the design of his ears. The vet put him to sleep to do the surgery and they shaved off an area of his leg for the shot or iv. Matthew saw it and kissed Rusty's bobo for him. Matthew loves having Rusty around and he is always calling for Rusty to come upstairs when Rusty is downstairs. They are becoming best buds.

No comments: