Monday, April 18, 2011

4 month dr appointment

It was a busy weekend. On Friday, I took a half day vacation from work to take both kids to the doctor. Matthew got a shot and the doctor said there was fluid in his ear so he is now taking antibiotics for that. He has been in good spirits so it must not hurt too bad. Matthew told me that his ear was "broken" before going to the doctor. I guess he knows what he is talking about. Matthew didnt cry with the shot and he got a lollipop afterwards- such a big boy. Audrey is healthy and growing. She also got some vaccines that put her in a fussy mood all weekend. Some of her baby friends at daycare have the croup so we were happy to avoid that- at least so far. I will update stats later.
On Saturday, I volunteered at the senior citizen home with Matthew and Audrey while Andy worked out. Matthew was so good and well- behaved. He is a little man now. Later that afternoon I went to a bridal shower while Andy watched the kids. I enjoyed my time with some girl friends. And we were able to go to dinner that evening while Ms Krystal babysat. We tried to see a movie afterwards but the theatre was closed so we came home before Matthew went to bed. We were hopeful to watch a movie at home but that didn't happen. We are usually exhausted after the bedtime routine.
We went to an Easter egg hunt at a park with our church. Matthew loved it! He played on the slide and then enjoyed trying to find the eggs. The big kids were snatching them up so quickly so I took Matthew to an area without a lot of kids and he enjoyed finding the eggs. He ate pizza and drank a juice box. He opened all his eggs and ate some of the candy. He really enjoyed getting some time with Mama. We went to church on Sunday night and Matthew
sat with us during the service because the nursery was closed. He was really good sitting through the service. We went out to eat afterwards and he was happy. He is becoming more mature. He likes to ask "why" all the time.
Audrey is growing out if her 6-9 month clothes. She likes to grab things like my hair. She coos and likes to sit up so she can watch Matthew. She smiles at him all the time and he likes to give her hugs and kisses.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys soon!