Everyone was eager for Matthew to start his new school to get acclimated into the church and community. Matthew had a nice break but he was getting bored at the apartment so he was ready to meet his teacher and new friends. Monday, the 5th, was a day of work for Andy but it was not a school day. The kids were bored. The weather was cold and rainy. We all wanted school to start! On Tuesday, we woke up early and took Matthew to school. I walked him to the classroom and met his new teacher. She was really sweet to Matthew and made him feel comfortable. He sat at his new desk near the front of the class. I wanted to take a picture but thought it would embarrass him so I didn't. He gave me a hug and he was ready to learn! Meanwhile, Audrey was with me the rest of the day. She wanted to know when she would start her new school. I needed time to research so I just told her that I needed to work on that. The whole week we asked Matthew about his new school, friends, and teacher and he enjoyed telling us about it. Meanwhile, Audrey was feeling left out. I took her to the mall one day to get out and meet other kids. I met my friend and 2 1/2 year old and Audrey had fun with her and riding the train and playing in a castle play area. She told Matthew where we went and he gave me the saddest look, "you went to the mall and rode the train without me?" I thought he had grown out of that! I picked him up from carpool everyday. He enjoyed it since he used to stay in after school care at his old school. He likes me picking him up early for a change. We are still getting the routine down but I usually cook dinner by 6pm when Andy comes home so we all eat together. The evenings are much smoother now that I am staying home. Matthew criedThursday evening because he was over-tired. This was the first we had seen this in a long time! It's hard starting a new school and I think it all hit him hard by Thursday. He went to bed and woke up early Friday morning and ready to go by 5am! Andy and I were still asleep but Matthew was fully dressed and ready. We let him play the iPad until time to go at 7:20am. By Friday evening, we were ready to celebrate that we made it through the week. We had a red plate night, something his kindergarten teacher started for special days. We also celebrated good news that Andy learned earlier in the week.
On Saturday, I found a dance place and took Audrey to try it out. She loved it! I signed her up and she will do that on Sat mornings. They have a recital with costumes in June. We went out for lunch and then shopping for Andy's birthday present. I made meatloaf Saturday and we went to mass Sat evening. On Sunday, we relaxed around the apartment with cold and rain outside. Andy was content watching the Cowboys game, although upset with the outcome. We went to the park and the kids enjoyed getting some outdoor time. Lastly, we went out to dinner for an early birthday celebration for Andy. It was a good transition week into our new life here in Houston.

The castle play area in the mall


Matthew helped Audrey spell her name with magnets on the fridge

Red plate night

Family game night- clue

Celebrating Andy's birthday early on Sunday evening

Christmas cards in our cupboard to see friends and family all year long
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment