Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The week of Jan 19th

We started off the week with MLK day. Matthew's school was closed and I decided to keep Audrey home, too. We were considering going out of town for the long weekend but it seemed like we always had something to do. We went to the "train" park but it was crowded with all the kids home from school. For lunch, we drove around in the car until something looked good. Matthew and I wanted corner bakery but Audrey wanted chic-fil-A so we got ours to go and ate it inside the chic-fil-A. Audrey played in the play area for a little while but it was too kid-like for Matthew so he stayed at the table and did his cross words from the corner bakery menu. We got my car inspection done and fixed the rock chip in my window. I was happy to get this one marked off my to-do list. We went to the grocery store and fixed dinner in time for Andy to come home from work. I record movies from the TV and we finished the day watching a movie. The kids were ready for school on Tuesday. I made a shrimp boil Tuesday evening and then went to the moms group general meeting. It was nice to meet other moms in the church. There are lots of volunteer opportunities and I can't wait to get involved (bake sales, going to the country's largest abortion clinic and praying outside, making meals for the needy, and bringing food to those that just had a baby).

The dog park opened across the street so we took Rusty there in the evenings. Matthew likes to throw the ball for Rusty to fetch in the water. The kids enjoy it just as much as Rusty!

The weather was cold and rainy during the week. I went to the moms meeting on Thursday and then out to lunch with my best friend from high school and her mom. Andy later mentioned that he thought I would be calling him more on the phone but I told him I was busy. :). I bought Matthew more uniform pants since he was outgrowing his so I hope I am done uniform shopping for now. I bought him tennis shoes online for the first time because I was driving all over town looking for gray, navy, or brown shoes with velcro in a certain size. We got them on Wed and Matthew is happy to have new tennis shoes.

Friday came soon since we had Monday off. Matthew had to wear the formal attire because it was mass for all the classes. They have it once a month. Andy helped him with the tie. Matthew was excited to wear a tie for the first time. He didn't understand why it had to go under the sweater vest. He looked so handsome!
Audrey enjoyed school and made a pretty pattern art project on Friday. I told Andy all the other kids had squares glued all over the sheet in mis-alignment but Audrey had taken the time to glue them in a neat, orderly fashion and used the most number of squares than anyone else. We are proud parents! LOL! She wanted daddy to take it to his office.

We ate dinner with Andy's best friend, Tom. It was great catching up with him after so many years.

On Sat, Andy joined us to watch Audrey dance. She requested buns in her hair since she saw another girl with them last week. We then went out to breakfast at Lola's diner in the Heights area. It was a great breakfast spot, fast and good. The weather finally warmed up with sunshine. I took the kids to Herman park so Matthew could get some exercise, too. What a park! We played on the playground, rode a little train around the park, and did the paddle boats. Later that night, we went to Andy's coworkers house for a dinner party. The kids enjoyed it too with lots of kids their age.

On Sunday, we slept in and enjoyed another beautiful day with 65-70 degree weather and sunshine. We rode bikes to a subway for lunch. We also went to the Houston Heritage park near our house and Matthew climbed a tree. Audrey saw a girl dressed up in a beautiful ball gown and thought she looked like a princess. I think it was a quincinera. There was also a man running for mayor in the park with people dressed up and a live band. It feels like anything goes here in Houston.



Dog park


Dog park


Matthew dressed up with his new tennis shoes



Audrey's ballet with buns in her hair


Snowcones at Herman park


Art display at Herman park



Finishing the New Years puzzle Sunday morning


Mopping the floor


Riding bikes in the park


Matthew climbing a tree

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: