The buffalo bayou park across the street from us was completely flooded. I have been buying some clothes online and I was happy to have new rain boots so that I could walk Rusty without getting my shoes wet.
Monday, August 24, 2015
The last day of school
Matthew's last day of school was supposed to be a half day on Wed, May 27th. However, there was a major flood in Houston on memorial day, May 25th, so Tuesday was an inclement weather day, causing the last day to get extended to Thurs, May 28th. We already had plans to leave town on Thursday to drive 6 hours to South Padre so Matthew missed the last day of school. He was ready for summer to begin and they were watching movies at school at this point so I don't think he missed much. Thankfully, we were not impacted with the flooding like much of Houston. Our apartment sits up on a hill so the closest the water made it to us was a couple of inches in the parking garage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment