Saturday, June 20, 2015

The week of May 11

On Monday, May 11th, I had a fever with a sore throat and cough. I felt so bad that I didn't want to drive Audrey to her school. I let her watch a lot of TV while I rested. I picked up Matthew and we went to a park. The kids are not used to me feeling bad and they kept wanting me to chase them. I just struggled through the day. On Tuesday, the fever went away but I still couldn't do my normal routine so Audrey happily stayed home again. By Wed, I started feeling better and took her to school. My dad came into town on Thursday and we had a nice lunch at Pappasitos. The hot sauce helped my sinuses. Matthew was supposed to have his last game on Thursday but it was rained out. Papa was hoping to see the game but he was there to see the award ceremony- pizza, trophys, and cupcakes.

I took Audrey to school on Friday and then shortly after Andy and I took a trip to Sonoma, California for my friend, Maria's birthday. I still had a terrible cough but we had a great time! We also saw Andy's cousin, Jennifer, since she lives there.  This was our first trip alone together in a while and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
My dad picked up the kids from school and then my mom and Mike drove into town Sat to help. The weather was rainy but they still enjoyed the pool and buffalo bayou for dog walking both Rusty and Roxy. It is a lot of work to watch the kids and Rusty so we were very appreciative of the help! We are thankful that Papa is feeling better and that his diagnoses was not stomach cancer. Thank God!




Award ceremony


Matthew was excited about getting a trophy


And Audrey loved the cupcake



Hanging out with Jennifer in Sonoma

 Happy Birthday Maria!



-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: