Sunday, March 1, 2009

11 months old


Matthew is 11 months old now. He is eating solid foods pretty well. We gave him a pickle when we went to Snuffer's this weekend and he liked it. He also tried a piece of bread and did pretty well. He also ate a banana for the first time. I peeled it and took a bite and then he took a baby bite. He just copies whatever we do. That's a scary thought for Andy so he is trying to watch his language around him.

At the Children's Courtyard (Matthew's daycare) they moved the older kids out of his classroom and moved them into the pre-toddler classroom. Now Matthew is the oldest in his class and I think he gets a little bored without Dylan and Kalei since he has been with them from the beginning. He has one more week in his classroom and then we are switching daycares to Northway Baptist church near our house. The age group will be 1 to 2 years old. Matthew will definitely be challenged. I checked it out on Friday and I am excited to have him learn in a faith-based program. He will also be closer to the house so Andy can help out more. I'm really excited about that. But I'm sure I will be sad because I will not be able to see him on my lunch hours like I have been doing.


I know Ms. Sharon is sad to see Matthew go but she is glad that he stayed in her classroom all the way until he was ready to graduate to the 1-year old classroom. He is not walking yet but I am sure he will be in a couple of weeks. He is getting his balance better when walking and holding onto things.

This is Matthew's first art project at his first day at the Children's Courtyard - 3 months old. I remember seeing him at lunch and wondering why he had blue paint on his toenails.







No comments: