Last week was a week of transition for Matthew. He started a new daycare on Monday at Northway Baptist Church. He is the youngest in the class and he enjoys watching the bigger kids play and run around. He is not walking yet. He participates with the arts and crafts and he made a beautiful handprint collage.
Ms. Monica and Ms. Jessica have been working with Matthew to get him on the toddler schedule. This includes drinking juice out of the sippy cup, eating real food versus baby food, and eating more snacks throughout the day. He has made significant progress. Last week, he drank half breast milk and half whole milk out of the bottles at daycare. Then on the weekend, I gave him whole milk and he drank it. I was very impressed that he drank it because normally I breast-feed him. He will be 1 year old next week and I am happy and sad to wean him off. It is hard to believe that I made it a whole year! We will have a small celebration for Matthew's birthday next weekend and I will certainly celebrate the breast-feeding accomplishment. Matthew has been breast-fed from the beginning without any formula. That wasn't my goal but it just happened that way.
He is getting so big. I swear he grew overnight. I know we are not supposed to give him a bottle to go to sleep but I figured one thing at a time. Let me wean him first and then we will worry about the bottle. I tried the sippy cup with milk and that didn't work. Gosh, I remember when he was half this size.

2 comments:
Congratulations on making it a whole year b-feeding! That is a huge accomplishment. Happy almost birthday, Matthew!
JoAnna... a year.. a year... wow... can't believe how quickly that time has gone. Thoroughly enjoy following the blog from up here in Chicago and hope we can meet up sometime and somwhere this year. Keep the news on Matthew coming!!! Ciao, Maria
Post a Comment