Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween









We had a busy week with Halloween festivities. On Tuesday night, Matthew went to the senior citizen home with me for a halloween party with the residents. I also took Rusty in costume and the seniors loved both of them. My office decorated cubicles for the kids on Thursday so Matthew came up and enjoyed getting candy there. On Friday, Matthew had a party at his school with a parade and then Andy picked him up somewhat early for a party in his office. Matthew was a pirate and he would say "Grrrrr, matey". Everyone thought it was the cutest thing.

I picked up Nana from the airport on Friday so when I came home, Matthew had a big smile when he saw her. We made Nana's fried chicken for dinner and enjoyed the home cookin'. Papa and Nanna (my parents) came into town around 10:30pm and Matthew was so excited to see them that he waited on the stairs for them to come in the door. It was way past his bedtime. He was so happy to have all the company.

Over the weekend, we spent lots of time focusing on getting the nursery ready. Papa was hanging curtains and getting closets organized in Matthew's room so I could clean out the clothes to make room for baby's. Nana and Nanna went through all of Matthew's old clothes to see if there were any gender neutral clothes to keep. Then we separated them into baskets labeled with the sizes. The baby bedding came in the mail on Friday so I was excited to open it up and get it in the room. We washed and ironed it and I have to say that it looks great. It's going to be fun to have a little girl around here.

On Sunday, we went to a halloween party in our neighborhood. Matthew jumped in the bounce house and enjoyed the swing. He saw his friend, Arden. He played some games and decorated a cookie with sprinkles. They served pizza with juice boxes. After the party, we went trick-or-treating on the street. Matthew really enjoyed it this year. It didn't take long for him to figure out how to get candy. He would say "I want trick or treat" and then when they gave him candy he would say "Grrrr". He would say "one more house" and tell me "mama, come on".

No comments: