We spent some time this weekend getting ready to host Thanksgiving. Andy made a list and then went to the grocery store. I told him to pick up some baked beans for the kids Thanksgiving parties on Monday. Andy came home and unpacked all the groceries while taking Audrey in tow since Matthew and I were at a birthday party. It was 8pm on Sunday night and we were winding down for the evening when we realized Andy forgot the baked beans! It was the one thing that was needed immediately. He ran back to the grocery store that night. To his credit, I didn't write it down on the list. He's such a good husband.
Matthew saw Daddy writing things on a list and he wanted to make his list for Santa. Andy has mentioned that Santa is always watching. Matthew likes to pick on Audrey sometimes so it's good to use this to make him behave. For the most part, Matthew helps Audrey and he likes playing with her. But sometimes he will purposely steal a toy that she is playing with and run with an evil grin on his face.
I took them to Chic-Fil-A one morning last week and Matthew helped Audrey up the climbing section to make it to the top. On each step, he would pick her up and scoot her up on to the next step. It was so cute to watch. And then they both went down the slide. Audrey came down the slide with a scared look on her face but then a big smile. She really enjoyed it. A couple of people in the restaurant were watching and they were getting a kick out of big brother helping his little sister.
I went to their Thanksgiving parties on Monday and the kids enjoyed seeing Mommy at school.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment