We have been so busy with Halloween festivities this year. It started Oct 20th weekend where I picked up goody bags and flashlights for Matthew's Halloween party at school. The kids decorated the bags and even Audrey enjoyed putting a package of goldfish in each goody bag. They were so cute after we finished that I took a picture.
On Friday, Oct 26th I went to Matthew and Audrey's halloween parties at their daycare. Matthew changed into his wolf costume just before nap time and got very hot in his costume since he slept in it! The weather cooled down that day and Matthew was the only one that was comfortable outside while all the other kids were cold. They trick or treated at their school by going to different classrooms and then had a party where they enjoyed ice cream, cookies, cupcakes, fruit, juice boxes. I went to Audrey's classroom and she was happy to see me and wouldn't let go of me. She was enjoying some snacks with her friends around a little table.
We then went on to Daddy's work for his Halloween office event. The kids won "Best Halloweeny Costume" and received a prize. Everyone thought they were adorable. I let the kids eat some candy and then we went to Andy's office where Matthew drew on the dry erase board. After all the sugar, we left the office as quickly as we could. I knew the kids were going to crash without having better food in their system. As we were leaving, Audrey grabbed the whole pumpkin full of candy and wouldn't let it go. I had to pry it out of her hands. She screamed and we ran out of there as fast as we could since people were trying to work at their computers.
On Monday, I picked up the kids and took them to my office at AA. The kids enjoyed walking through tunnels and seeing super heros dressed up. Audrey was catching on to the trick or treat thing and enjoyed picking out the candy and putting it into her basket. I was smart and picked up chicken nuggets and fruit from chic-fil-A prior to the event so the kids behaved much better.
On Tuesday, I took the kids to the nursing home for a halloween party. The senior citizens loved their costumes. I picked up KFC and we went to the park across the street from the nursing home 30 minutes prior and the kids loved that. We had a little picnic in the park.
Finally, it was halloween on Wednesday and mama was exhausted! But we had another eventful night. We went to the neighbors house for a pre and post halloween party. The kids bobbed for apples and trick or treated around the neighborhood together. We then enjoyed smores with a small fire afterwards. Audrey was much slower than the other kids but she was determined to go to every house they did. Her arms and legs were going as fast as she could. I tried to hold her hand and she would push me away and say "no". The people at the houses would say "OH, there's the big bad wolf, where's little red riding hood?" and we would say "she's coming" and then a few minutes Audrey would show up out of the dark and grab the candy and then blow kisses and say "bye bye".
Friday, November 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
cute post! Can't wait for the pics!!! lol
Post a Comment