Saturday, December 28, 2013

Countdown to Christmas

It's been a busy week preparing for Christmas Day.  Andy and I finished our shopping online to ensure all orders make it on time.  Audrey had a wonderful birthday weekend but in the middle of the night on Monday (Dec 16th) she woke up with a fever and terrible sinus cold.  We have passed it around the entire family and now Audrey was the last one to get sick.  The cold makes you feel achy with a constant head ache and keeps you up coughing in the night.  It's no fun.  I stayed home with her on Monday and Tuesday.  I was able to get our Christmas cards finished and put in the mail.  Every year I say I am going to finish those early but it never happens!

Andy's work started to wind down and on Friday he picked up Matthew from school at noon since it was a half-day. Matthew enjoyed a fun Christmas party at school before going to lunch with Daddy.  Andy was planning a fun afternoon with ice skating but instead he ended up taking Matthew to the dentist to get a cavity filled.  Wah-Wuh!  We went to the dentist the weekend prior and they referred him to another dentist to get it fixed.  While Andy's work was easing up, my work was quite demanding on Friday with a video shoot on our new A321T (NYC - LAX routes) aircraft.

Here's the video from my last production on the new B777-300:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbF-UruOjH4

It is great to have Matthew in a faith-based school this year. He comes home talking about the true meaning of Christmas.  As we stay busy during this holiday time with buying presents, wrapping,  addressing Christmas cards, and baking, I hope we all take some time to reminisce on the true meaning of Christmas - Jesus Christ's birth.

Audrey is sick but enjoying playing with her new birthday toys

 Packaging cookies for the neighbors

Our Advent Calendar

Matthew brought his list
Making castles with blocks

No comments: