The kids were very excited to move into the new house. We took some toys over the night before the move and the kids enjoyed playing in their new space. I should have taken a picture of Audrey pushing her grocery cart into the front door. The kids were trying to help.
The move went well but the week following was a bit of a disaster. The washer didn't work once we moved it. We had a repair man come over to the house but eventually we decided to order the part on our own and I installed it myself. I was so desperate to get it working quickly. We were without a washer for a week! We took the clothes to a washateria and I was willing to camp out there with my quarters but when we saw a wash and fold service, our eyes lit up and we gladly left 5 laundry baskets full.
Shortly after the move, the weather plummeted down to 35 degrees! All of my winter stuff was still in storage but I had one black wool sweater to keep me warm. On Friday evening, I went over to the old house to move the rest of our closet. After moving all the stuff, my car wouldn't start. Andy came over to the house and tried to jump start my battery using the jumper cables from Pa Bru's emergency kit (that gift came in handy!). We tried it for a little while but in the dark and freezing cold, we decided to wait and try it again Saturday morning - but that didn't work either. We called a tow truck and when he showed up hours later, he didn't have the right tow for my keyless car. Another tow truck came and he was able to jump it for free. He said that it was his 8th car to start that day because of the changing temperatures. Luckily, all that time wasn't wasted as my car was at the old house and Andy was able to accomplish more moving stuff at the old house. I guess the positive side is that the car battery died on the weekend as opposed to earlier in the week when Andy was traveling for business and I was toting the kids around.
Roxy is adjusting to the new house
Rusty is sporting his summer cut here. We had to give him a blanket at night to stay warm!

No comments:
Post a Comment