Many people lost power on Friday and Saturday, even our neighbors across the street! But we were very fortunate to have ours during the entire weekend. I only had 1 snow day (that I recall while living in Louisiana) so I was super excited to have a "snow day". Andy thought it was no big deal as he would have them all the time growing up in Michigan. I'm so glad I married this Michigander because Andy knew exactly what to do. He was putting salt down on our driveway, melting the ice off of our car doors so we could eventually get into the cars, and shoveling the ice/snow out of the way. Matthew joined him for some work outside and thought it was fun for a change!
Matthew's school was closed again on Monday due to lack of power in the area. Most businesses were back up and running. I worked from home again on Monday. The kids were getting a little stir crazy and bored so we took some moving boxes from the garage and they built little forts most of the day. On Sunday, the kids and I went to a Christmas play at the Children's Theatre. It was the perfect outing to get into the Christmas spirit and get outside the house for a little bit.
The roads are still icy in some places but it's mostly melting now that it's getting up to 40 degrees. We are happy to have the winter ice storm of 2013 behind us. Although, I have to admit, it was fun for our family. But we realize it was devastating for many others without power.
decorating a gingerbread house
Air hockey tournament - Daddy won!
Making Chocolate Chip Cookies
Audrey's milk mustache

No comments:
Post a Comment