Saturday, March 21, 2015

The week of Feb 16th

Matthew was out of school for Presidents Day on Monday and we spent most of the day working on his presidential poster for Calvin Coolidge. We watched a few videos online to learn about the roaring 20's. He practiced presenting and then took it to school on Thursday to present to the class. I was nervous for him all day! This type of project would have terrified me as a kid. He did an excellent job presenting and received a perfect score! We were so proud.

Matthew had a mardi gras parade at school on Fat Tuesday. There are a lot of New Orleans locals that live here now after Hurricane Katrina. I met a few at the mardi gras luncheon at church for the moms group. They brought delicious red beans and rice and king cake. I went to mass on Ash Wednesday. On Friday, we went to the fish fry at church. We were excited to go as this was my first one to attend. The kids ran around and played while the adults talked and ate without having kids interrupt. What a concept! I felt a little ill that day but thought it would go away. Later that night, I had a stomach bug and I felt bad the entire weekend. I think it was the same bug that Matthew had a few weeks earlier.

 On Sunday evening, Matthew and I went to mass and we went to a potluck at the church afterwards. Andy went to mass early in the morning since he gets up so early sometimes. Audrey was taking a nap so Andy watched her so I didn't have to carry her around at church while she slept on me, which is what she normally likes to do in church.

 Audrey's mardi gras mask

 Matthew's presidential project

Fish fry at church

No comments: